P.Mich.inv. 3107 / Verso
About this Item
front | summary (1 items)
front | detail (3 items)
back | summary (1 items)
back | detail (1 items)
- Inventory Number
- P.Mich.inv. 3107
- Processing Number
- Recto + Verso
- Image Side
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto (written across the fibres) + Verso
- Zenon archive
- 32 x 10 cm
- recto - 6;
- Verso - 3
- Conservation Status
- much damaged on the left side; clay sealing
- Palaeographic Description
- Recto written across the fibres
- Ann Arbor
- March 24, 257 B.C.
- Unknown place, Egypt
- Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- July 1925; Acquired from Dr. Kondilios
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Letter of introduction
- Letter from Sostratos to Zenon, written to introduce a friend of his called Aischylos, who wishes to be recommended to a certain Kleonikos
- Sostratos (see Pros.Ptol. VIII 13a);
- Zenon (son of Agreophon) (see Pros.Ptol. I 80 + add.);
- Aischylos (see Pros.Ptol. VIII 13c);
- Kleonikos (see Pap.Lugd.Bat. XXI, p. 353)
- Sostratos to Zenon greeting. I think you are aware about Aischylos, that he is far from indifferent to us. He has now sailed up the river to your party in order to be introduced to Kleonikos. Please therefore make an endeavour to introduce him to Kleonikos; and if he does not find the latter in your company, get letters of introduction to him from his friends. By doing so you will much oblige us; for I am interested in him. And write to us yourself at any time to say what we could do to serve you. Farewell. Year 28, Peritios 20.
- To Zenon.
- (Docket, 2nd hand). [- - -]. (Received) year 28, Peritios . ., in Boubastos.
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich I Edgar CC 1931 6 Edgar CC, PMich I, 6, 1931 -- BL VIII, 220 (bibliography) BL VIII, 220 (bibliography) Light from Ancient Letters White JL 11 White JL, Light from Ancient Letters, 11
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Image Size
- 4500 x 3456
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"P.Mich.inv. 3107; Verso". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-1796/3107v_a.tif. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 26, 2022.