P.Mich.inv. 3106 / Recto
About this Item
front | detail (1 items)
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto (written across the fibres); Verso is blank
- Zenon archive
- 23 x 12.5 cm
- Conservation Status
- nearly complete
- Palaeographic Description
- written across the fibres
- Ann Arbor
- March-April, 237 B.C.
- probably Alexandria, Egypt
- Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- July 1925; Acquired from Dr. Kondilios
- Ptolemy III
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Royal Decree
- Royal decree answering a request by Zenon, who had failed to produce in court a certain Kallias - for whose appearance he had become surety; the king decrees that Zenon is to be freed from the penalty of having exceeded the fixed term if he produces the person of Kallias, and that this ruling applies to all similar cases
- Subject Headings
- Roman law--Egypt--Alexandria.
- Suretyship and guarantee--Egypt--Alexandria.
- Delegated legislation--Egypt--Alexandria.
- (Ptolemaios III), basileus;
- Aischylos, ho para Sostratou (see Pros.Ptol. VIII 13c);
- Sostratos (see Pros.Ptol. VIII 13a);
- Zenon (son of Agreophon) (see Pros.Ptol. I 80 + add.);
- Heniochos, ton Anthippou taxiarchos (see Pros.Ptol. II 2288);
- Anthippos (see Pros.Ptol. II 1838 + add.);
- By order of the king, announced by Aischylos agent of Sostratos to Zenon, on behalf of whom Heniochos of the troop of Anthippos, taxiarch, presented a petition <OR: announced to Zenon by Aischylos agent of Sostratos. Concerning the petition presented by Heniochos of the troop of Anthippos, taxiarch>. If he has become surety for the appearance of Kallias as defendant against Eukles, on producing his person let him be released from the penalty of exceeding the term <OR: released <from his bond and not debarred> from exceeding the term>, and in like manner let all who become surety for the appearance of another be on producing his person released from their bond and not debarred from <OR: not hindered by> exceeding the term. Year 10, Audnaios.
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections JEA 14 Edgar CC 1928 291-293 SB IV 7447 Edgar CC, JEA 14, 291-293, 1928 -- SB IV 7447 PMich I Edgar CC 1931 70 pl. IV Edgar CC, PMich I, 70, 1931, pl. IV -- BL V, 70 (bibliography); BL VI, 84 (bibliography); BL VIII, 95 (bibliography) BL V, 70 (bibliography); BL VI, 84 (bibliography); BL VIII, 95 (bibliography)
Information on Publications--Further Republications
- Further Republications
- Rep_editor Lenger M-Th; Rep_Ser C.Ord.Ptol.; Rep_Year 1980; Rep_No. 27
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- For earlier bibliography (up to 1962), see C.Ord.Ptol., p. 61-62.
- H. Meyer-Laurin, Proceedings XIIth Congr. of Pap. (1970) p. 309-313; P.W. Pestman et al., Pap.Lugd.Bat. XXI, p. 98; E.G. Turner, P.Rain.Cent., p. 150-151.
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Image Size
- 3480 x 4608
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"P.Mich.inv. 3106; Recto". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-1795/3106r_a.tif. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed August 10, 2022.