P.Mich.inv. 3101 / Verso
About this Item
front | summary (1 items)
front | detail (8 items)
back | summary (1 items)
back | detail (2 items)
- Inventory Number
- P.Mich.inv. 3101
- Processing Number
- Recto + Verso
- Image Side
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto (written across the fibres) + Verso
- Zenon archive
- 33.5 x 19 cm
- Recto - 6;
- Verso - 2
- Conservation Status
- The text is complete, but a rectangular fragment has been cut out of the left bottom corner of the papyrus
- Palaeographic Description
- Recto written across the fibres
- Ann Arbor
- September 19 (or 20[?]), 251 B.C.
- perhaps Alexandria, Egypt
- Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- July 1925; Acquired from Dr. Kondilios
- Apollonios, dioiketes
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Business Letter
- Letter from Apollonios the dioiketes, instructing Zenon to buy him a large supply of fowl to be fattened for the table (perhaps for a festival?)
- Subject Headings
- Letter writing, Greek--Egypt.
- Game fowl--Feeding and feeds--Egypt.
- Game fowl--Transportation--Egypt.
- Apollonios (dioiketes) (see Pros. Ptol. I 16 + add.);
- Zenon (son of Agreophon) (see Pros.Ptol. I 80 + add.);
- Dioskourides (see Pros.Ptol. I 76)
- Ptolemais he epi tou distomou (Ptolemais Hormou)
- Apollonios to Zenon greeting. we have need of 400 fowl for fattening and of 100 hens. Kindly then buy them for us and send them to Ptolemais on the fork of the canal to our agent Dioskourides. Farewell. Year 35, Panemos 28, Epeiph 30.
- To Zenon.
- (Docket, 2nd hand) Year 35, Mesore 7. Apollonios.
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich I Edgar CC 1931 48 Edgar CC, PMich I, 48, 1931 -- BL VIII 220 (bibliography); BL IX 164 (date) BL VIII 220 (bibliography); BL IX 164 (date) Light from Ancient Letters White JL 1986 25 White JL, Light from Ancient Letters, 25, 1986
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- E. Grzybek, Du calendrier macedonien au calendrier ptolemaique (Basel, 1990) p. 154-155.
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Image Size
- 3072 x 2320
- File Size
- 948 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"P.Mich.inv. 3101; Verso". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-1790/3101v_b.tif. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 02, 2023.