Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- + P.Cair. IV, 59632; Zenon archive
- 9 x 4.7 cm
- Col. I - 11 (P.Mich. inv. 3100: only 4 lines);
- col. II - 14
- Conservation Status
- broken off at the bottom (col. II also broken off at the top and perhaps on the right side)
- Ann Arbor
- May 15, 250 B.C.
- Unknown place, Egypt
- Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- December 1926; Acquired from Dr. Kondilios
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Copy of Petition
- Copy (sent to Zenon?) of a complaint addressed by the scribe Pyron probably to Apollonios
- Subject Headings
- Petition, Right of--Egypt.
- Letter writing, Greek--Egypt.
- Writing--Materials and instruments--Egypt.
- Finance, Public--Egypt.
- Ptolemaios (II), son of Ptolemaios (I) Soter, basileus
- Pyron, ho pros tois grammasin (see Pros.Ptol. I 136 + add.; Pap.Lugd.Bat. XXI, p. 411)];
- [Apollonios(?) (dioiketes) (see Pros. Ptol. I 16 + add.)];
- Zenon (son of Agreophon) (see Pros.Ptol. I 80 + add.)
- In the 35th [year] of Ptolemy, son of Ptolemy Soter, Phamenoth 23. Pyron, in charge of the letters, has given us the underwritten letter. I have kept a copy of [- - -]
- (col. II)
- [- - -] having bought rolls and having hired the people to write, and (he/she) doesn't want yet to pay it back, in order that (he/she) makes what (he/she) wants. Therefore I still beg you now to compel him to pay to me . . . [- - -]
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich I Edgar CC 1931 109 Edgar CC, PMich I, 109, 1931 -- BL VI, 84 (bibliography) BL VI, 84 (bibliography) P.Cair.Zen. IV Edgar CC 59632 Edgar CC, P.Cair.Zen. IV, 59632
- Year Begin
- Year End
26407 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- 4608 x 3480
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)