Background and Physical Properties
- Recto (written across the fibres) + Verso
- Zenon archive
- ca. 4.5 x 10.5 cm (frg. a, missing); 6.5 x 10.8 cm (frg. b); 5.6 x 10.9 cm (frg. c)
- Recto - 3;
- Verso - 2 (on the missing fragment)
- Conservation Status
- broken in three fragments, with several letters missing between each of them; the left fragment could not be found (Oct. 97)
- Palaeographic Description
- Recto written across the fibres
- Ann Arbor
- June 3, 257 B.C.
- Unknown place, Egypt
- Philadelpheia, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- December 1926; Acquired from Dr. Kondilios
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Business Letter
- Letter from Charmylos [to Apollonios or Zenon], to whom he has sent a large consignment of nuts
- Subject Headings
- Commercial correspondence--Egypt.
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt.
- Charmylos [to - - - greeting]. I have sent you 5,000 nuts [- - -]. [Will you] kindly [order someone] to receive them from [- - -], our agent. [Farewell. Year 29], Pharmouthi 11.
- [To - - -].
- (Docket, 2nd hand) Charmylos, about nuts [- - -]. (Received) year 29, Artemisios [- - -].
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
- <table class="combo"><tr><td class="combo_lbl">Series and Volume</td><td class="combo_lbl">Editor</td><td class="combo_lbl">Year</td><td class="combo_lbl">Pg/Nr</td><td class="combo_lbl">Photo</td><td class="combo_lbl">SB</td><td class="combo_lbl">Preferred Citation</td><td class="combo_lbl">Corrections</td></tr><tr><td class="combo_val">PMich I</td><td class="combo_val">Edgar CC</td><td class="combo_val">1931</td><td class="combo_val">15</td><td class="combo_val">Edgar CC, PMich I, 15, 1931 -- BL III, 116 (line 1); BL XI, 135 (l. 1);</td><td class="combo_val">BL III, 116 (line 1); BL XI, 135 (l. 1);</td></tr></table>
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- P.Cair.Zen. V, 59821, 9, note.
- Year Begin
- Year End
26424 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- 4608 x 3480
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)