Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- archive of Gaius Apolinarius Niger (& family)
- 7 X 8.3 cm
- Negative in Copenhagen
- Conservation Status
- broken at the top
- Palaeographic Description
- see electronic version of PMich VI, 396
- January 17, 186[?] A.D.
- Philoteris, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt for Tax Payment in Kind
- Receipt of wheat for taxes paid on a plot of catoecic land
- Subject Headings
- Taxation (Land)
- Citizenship--Egypt--Antinoöpolis (Extinct city)
- Bacchias (Extinct city)
- [Commodus, Emperor];
- Germanus son of ---, sitologos of Philoteris (& associates);
- Souin, metropolites;
- Tabous daughter of Pakoisis (Pakysis);
- Gaius Iulius Niger (see P. Mich. VI, 422 introd.; Eos 49 [1957/1958] 155-164)
- Bacchias; Philoteris
- [The twenty-sixth(?) year of Marcus Aurelius Commodus] An[toninus(?) Augustus] Pius, Tybi 22. We, Germanus and associates, sitologoi of the village of Philoteris, have received at the granary of Souin, resident of the metropolis, from the produce of the past 25th(?) year by leveled public wheat-measure . . . to the account of Tabous, daughter of Pakysis, through Gaius Iulius Niger, for catoecic dues of Bacchias, one and five-sixths artabai of wheat and the extra-charges.
- (2nd hand) I, Germanus, son of . . ., have received the wheat, as stated above.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich VI Pearl OM-Youtie HC 1944 396 Pearl OM-Youtie HC, PMich VI, 396, 1944
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)