About this Item
unspecified | summary (1 items)
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 10.6 X 16.4 AD
- Negative in Copenhagen
- Conservation Status
- damaged at the bottom, along the three folds
- Palaeographic Description
- see electronic version of PMich VI, 393
- August 9, 158 A.D.
- Philopator he kai Theogenous, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Ptolemaios son of Teos
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt for Tax Payment in Kind
- Receipt of wheat for rent of domain (demosion) land in a cleruchy of Karanis
- Antoninus Pius, Emperor;
- Ptolemaios son of Teos, sitologos of Philopator alias of Theogenes (& associates);
- Amatius Marcianus
- Karanis; Philopator he kai Theogenous; 63rd cleruchy
- The 21st year of the Emperor Caesar Titus Aelius Hadrianus Antoninus Augustus Pius, Mesore 16. We, Ptolemaios, son of Teos, and associates, sitologoi of the village of Philopator also called of Theogenes, have received at the granary of the aforesaid village from the produce of the same year by leveled public wheat-measure, for rent of domain land of the 63rd cleruchy of Karanis, to the account of Amatius Marcianus, three artabai of wheat.
- (2nd hand) I, Sarap( ), sitologos, have received the aforesaid three artabai.
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich VI Pearl OM-Youtie HC 1944 393 Pearl OM-Youtie HC, PMich VI, 393, 1944
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"P.Mich.inv. 2966". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-1716/1. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 29, 2022.