About this Item
unspecified | summary (1 items)
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- Archive of Gaius Apolinarius Niger (& family)
- 8 X 20.3 cm
- Negative in Copenhagen
- Conservation Status
- Palaeographic Description
- see electronic version of PMich VI, 397
- June 9, 204 A.D.
- Kerkesoucha, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Chairemon son of Asklas
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt for Tax Payment in Kind
- Receipt of wheat for taxes paid on a plot of catoecic land
- Subject Headings
- Damnatio memoriae
- Taxation (Land)
- Citizenship--Egypt--Antinoöpolis (Extinct city)
- Septimius Severus, Caracalla & Geta, Emperors;
- Chairemon son of Asklas, sitologos en klero of Kerkesoucha (& associates);
- (Gemelllus alias) Horion son of Apolinarius (Apollinarius) (= Gaius Gemellus Horigenes) (see P. Mich. VI, 422 introd.; Eos 49 [1957/1958] 155-164)
- Karanis; Kerkesoucha
- The 12th year of Lucius Septimius Severus Pius Pertinax and Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Pius, [[and Publius Septimius Geta Caesar Augustus]], Pauni 15. We, Chairemon, son of Asklas, and his associates in the allotment of the sitologia of the village of Kerkesoucha, have received at the granary of the aforesaid village from the produce of the same year by leveled public measure . . . for catoecic land of Kerkesoucha exploited through the possessors of catoecic land of Karanis, from Horion son of Apolinarius, four artabai of wheat.
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich VI Pearl OM-Youtie HC 1944 397 Pearl OM-Youtie HC, PMich VI, 397, 1944
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"P.Mich.inv. 2950". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-1706/1. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 10, 2022.