Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 20.7 x 7 cm
- Conservation Status
- Palaeographic Description
- A crude school hand, with confusions between some letters (C. Bonner)
- Ann Arbor
- (Late) IInd century or early IIIrd century A.D.
- purchased in Egypt by B.P. Grenfell and F.W. Kelsey in March-April 1920
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Model for an amulet, perhaps used as amulet itself, even if it doesn't bear the name of the person to protect
- Subject Headings
- Amulets, Greek--Egypt.
- Incantations, Greek--Egypt.
- A phylactery: "Great [god] in heaven revolving the world, the true god, IAO! Lord, ruler of all, ABLANATHANALBA, grant, grant me this favor, let me have the name of the great god in this phylactery, and protect, from every evil thing, me whom NN bore, (NN) begot."
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich III Bonner C 1936 155 Bonner C, PMich III, 155, 1936 PGM II Preisendanz K 1973 LXXI Preisendanz K, PGM II, LXXI, 1973
Information on Publications--Further Republications
- Further Republications
- D Jordan, ZPE 136 (2001), 183-186.
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- M. Smith apud H.D. Betz, The Greek Magical Papyri in Translation (Chicago - London, 1992 ) p. 298
- Time to Scan
- Scanner Initials
- Date Scanned
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- In public portfolios
- School Exercises items: 96, owner: laurence.broadhurst (*)
- 2893 x 1341
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)