Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso contains another account of barley
- 7.5 x 9.5 cm.
- Conservation Status
- The text is completely preserved except for a few minor losses through abrasion and one major loss at the the end of line 11, where the papyrus has broken away.
- Palaeographic Description
- Quick semicursive which may be assigned to the third century A.D. The original edges of the papyrus sheet are preserved at the top and the two sides. Below the text the papyrus is preserved only on the left side and suggests a lower margin of ca. 1 cm.
- Ann Arbor
- November 27, 211 - January 1, 212 A.D.
- November 1924
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- The text is in main an account of barley distributed for the sowing of the 20th year. The dates of issue run from Hathyr 30 (= Nov. 27) to Tybi 5 (=Jan. 1). One entry departs from the pattern indicated above. At some time near or after the middle of December, 1/2 art. of barley was devoted to the preparation of malt. This is stated in l. 9 as eis bynin.
- "Account of sowing barley: Hathyr 30 of the 20th year for sowing barley, 1 art., 2 metra; <Choiak> 1, likewise another 1 art., 6 metra; 3, another 1 1/2 art.; 7, another 1 art. 6 metra; 8, another 1 art. 2 metra; 9, likewise 1 art. 2 metra; . . ., likewise in all 1 art., 1/2 metron; and for (preparation of) malt, 1/2 art.; Tybi 1, to Sarapion, 1 metron; 5, to Sarapion . . ."
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections ZPE 38 Youtie HC 1980 292-3 Pl XVIIIb SB XVI 12647 Youtie HC, ZPE 38, 292-3, 1980, Pl XVIIIb -- SB XVI 12647
- Year Begin
- Year End
26428 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- 3005 x 4399
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)