Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 5.3 x 3.8 cm
- Conservation Status
- Broken off on the right side and at the bottom
- IVth century A.D.
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Private Letter
- Fragment of a private letter addressed to a woman(?)
- Subject Headings
- Letter writing, Greek--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Women--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- (Text too fragmentary to be translated.)
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich I Amundsen L 1935 670 Amundsen L, OMich I, 670, 1935
- Year Begin
- Year End
26433 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)