Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 5.2 x 7 cm. (TC)
- Conservation Status
- This light-brown papyrus is regularly cut off at three sides; at the top the papyrus appears to be torn. (TC)
- Palaeographic Description
- Regular, upright cursive. Between lines 6 and 7 there is a blank space of 1 cm. (TC)
- Ann Arbor
- September 19/20, year 14
- Philadelphia, Herakleides meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt.
- Philadelphia, Herakleides meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt (?)
- January 1924; Acquired with Nahman lot
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- customs receipt
- Receipt issued to a certain Serenos for the payment of harbor tax of Memphis at the customs authorities located at Philadelphia. The tax was levied from Serenos at the occasion of his export of four artabas of osprea.
- Subject Headings
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt.
- Harbors--Port charges--Egypt--Memphis (Extinct city)
- Customhouses--Egypt--Philadelphia (Extinct city)
- Measures and weights, Ancient.
- "Serenos has paid the harbor tax of Memphis at the toll-gate of Philadelphia exporting four artabas of osprea on one donkey. Year 14. // Twenty-second of Thoth, 22. The same for the desert route, likewise. Time as aforementioned."
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PCustoms Sijpesteijn PJ 1987 463 Pl XIV Sijpesteijn PJ, PCustoms, 463, 1987, Pl XIV
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- 2469 x 4134
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)