Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; a few traces on the Verso
- 5.4 x 18.9 cm
- Conservation Status
- This medium-brown is in a rather mutilated condition. The remaining papyrus now consists of two separate fragments. Rather regularly cut off at the top, to the left and to the right. At the bottom a large section in the middle has been cut off. No folds nor kolleseisare visible. No abrasions in the remaining part of the original text.
- Palaeographic Description
- 1st hand is a small and fluent cursive leaving very little space between the lines. 2nd hand is larger and much less practised than the first one with mostly separate letters. Only margin at the top of the papyrus (approximately 1.5 cm.); on all other sides the cut is placed through the text.
- Ann Arbor
- 282 or 283 A.D.
- Antinoopolis, Antinoopolite nome, province of Egypt
- Antinoopolis, Antinoopolite nome, province of Egypt (?)
- In 1922 through the agency of the British Museum for Cornell University; handed over to the University of Michigan in 1972.
- . . ., son of Harpokration alias S[
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Sale of a share in house
- A rather fragmentary contract in which a share in a house located in the city of Antinoopolis is sold. The parties involved in the contract are mainly unknown, although it is clear that two of these persons were Roman citizens, enrolled by phyles and demes in the city.
- Subject Headings
- House selling--Egypt--Antinoöpolis (Extinct city)
- Contracts--Egypt--Antinoöpolis (Extinct city)
- Marcus Aurelius Carus, emperor,
- Marcus Aurelius Carinus Germanicus Maximus, emperor,
- Marcus Aurelius Numerianus, emperor,
- Arpokration alias S[,
- Aurelius Anubion Herminus,
- Aurelius Hermapollon Le[,
- At present the text is too fragmentary to be translated.
- Papyri.info Link
- view the transcription of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PCorn Westermann WL - Kraemer CJ 1926 12 Pl p69 Westermann WL - Kraemer CJ, PCorn, 12, 1926, Pl p69 -- BL II.2,47,211 on lines 3, 4-5, 5,8-11,12-13,13-15,18,21,34-35;III,46 Date corrected in BL VII, 40; BL VIII, 89 on the date. BL II.2,47,211 on lines 3, 4-5, 5,8-11,12-13,13-15,18,21,34-35;III,46 Date corrected in BL VII, 40; BL VIII, 89 on the date.
- Year Begin
- Year End
26447 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- 3056 x 4985
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)