Background and Physical Properties
- Verso; Recto contains 17 lines of writing
- 7 x 13 cm.
- Conservation Status
- This medium-brown papyrus is regularly cut to the left and to the right and rather regularly at the bottom. The top of the papyrus has been torn off and the text does not allow us to establish whether any text is missing. No damage to the remaining part of the papyrus. (TC)
- Palaeographic Description
- Written in a large,upright and separate letters. The scribe has separated the various sections of this account by drawing a long horizontal stroke across the document (between ll.5-6) and by skipping a line (between ll. 10-11).
- Ann Arbor
- IIIrd century A.D.
- In 1921 through the agency of the British Museum for Cornell University; handed over to the University of Michigan in 1972.
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Account of grain and hay
- Subject Headings
- Farm produce|vRegisters--Egypt.
- Agricultural administration--Egypt.
- Measures and weights, Ancient.
- ". . . . . . . . . artab .[..,
- . . . . . . .os artaba[,
- . . . . artaba,
- . . [.] artaba,
- of Horion.
- Account of grain. Horion,
- Parion, an artaba,
- Pempotes, an artaba,
- Aphous, an artaba,
- Tauris, an artaba.
- Account of hay:
- Ereous, lyparachmas,
- Apollos, lyparachmas,
- Atinos, lyparachmas,
- Pempas, lyparachmas,
- Aphous, lyparachmas.
- Papyri.info Link
- view the transcription of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PCorn Westermann WL - Kraemer CJ 1926 31 Westermann WL - Kraemer CJ, PCorn, 31, 1926 -- L. 3 on the papyrus left out in the edition (TC); l. 15 papyrus has lyprachmas (TC); l. 16 ly is interlinear addition. L. 3 on the papyrus left out in the edition (TC); l. 15 papyrus has lyprachmas (TC); l. 16 ly is interlinear addition.
- Year Begin
- Year End
26499 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- 3277 x 4544
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)