O.Skeat 7 / Recto
About this Item
front | summary (2 items)
Background and Physical Properties
- Verso; Recto is blank
- 7.8 x 6.8 cm.
- Conservation Status
- The front of this ostracon is light-red, whereas the back is light-brown. The ostracon appears to be completely preserved.
- Palaeographic Description
- The hand that wrote this text used a characteristically early script
- Ann Arbor
- first half of IIIrd century B.C.
- Upper Egypt, province of Egypt
- Thebes, the Thebaid, Upper Egypt, province of Egypt
- purchased (at Luxor) in November 1933 by T. C. Skeat and donated in 1948 to the University of Michigan
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- this ostracon contains a receipt for salt tax paid by a certain Poer, son of Paptais and collected by a certain Hecataius.
- Poer, son of Paptais,
- "Year 25 Thoth 27. Hecataeus has received from Poer Paptais in salt-tax 4 1/2 obols."
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections TAPA 81 Youtie HC 1950 108 SB VI 9116 Youtie HC, TAPA 81, 108, 1950 -- SB VI 9116 Scriptiunculae I H C Youtie 1973 221-222 H C Youtie, Scriptiunculae I, 221-222, 1973
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Image Size
- 3215 x 4559
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"O.Skeat 7; Recto". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-1195/7o.tif. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed March 23, 2023.