O.Mich.inv. 9889 / Recto
About this Item
front | summary (1 items)
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 6 X 6.5 cm
- Conservation Status
- Palaeographic Description
- see electronic version of OMich II, 807
- June 12, 15 A.D.
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Unknown dyke-surveyor
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt (Certificate) for work on the embankments
- Certificate for work on the embankments performed by a Pebous (or an Euemeros?)
- Subject Headings
- Irrigation engineering--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Corvée--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Dikes (Engineering)--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Embankments--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Taxation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Unskilled labor--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Tiberius, Emperor;
- Pebou(--) son of Euemeros grandson of Protarchos(?)
- In the 1st year of Tiberius Caesar Augustus, on Pauni 18, (has worked) Pebous son of Euemeros the son of Protarchos <OR: at Pebou( ) Euemeros son of Protarchos?> one ergates, = 1.
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich II Pearl OM-Youtie HC 1944 807 Pearl OM-Youtie HC, OMich II, 807, 1944
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Image Size
- 3608 x 3012
- File Size
- 200 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"O.Mich.inv. 9889; Recto". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-1140/9889o.tif. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 06, 2023.