Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 9 X 4.2 cm
- Col. I - 5
- Col. II - 5
- No (missing)
- Conservation Status
- Palaeographic Description
- see electronic version of OMich III, 975
- IInd century/IIIrd century A.D.
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- 33-159*-M I
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Account of money
- Account of money due or paid for land tax
- Subject Headings
- Accounts--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Land value taxation
- zEgypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Land tenure|vRegisters--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Measures and weights, Ancient.
- Crown lands--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Talentum (The Latin word)
- Denarius (Coin)--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- (Col. I)
- Arourai 101 3/4.
- On the 12th(?). For eparourion on the royal land 2500 drachmai 6 denarii
- For apomoira on the royal land 2000 drachmai
- For eparourion of the privately owned land 1500 drachmai
- For apomoira on the privately owned land 1100 drachmai
- (Col. II)
- (2nd hand) 42 talents 4800 drachmai
- 6 talents 4000 drachmai
- 48 talents 5500 drachmai
- 6 talents 5000 drachmai
- = 105 talents 2800 drachmai
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich III Youtie HC 1951 975 Youtie HC, OMich III, 975, 1951
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)