Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 12.5 X 8.6 cm
- No (missing)
- Conservation Status
- Palaeographic Description
- see electronic version of OMich III, 1018
- (Early) IVth century A.D. (May 18)
- unknown harbor, Herakleopolite or Memphite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- 33-158*-R V
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt for Tax Payment in Kind
- Receipt for chaff paid by Patermouthis
- Subject Headings
- Taxation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Tax collection--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt.
- Signatures (Writing)
- Measures and weights, Ancient.
- Crop residues--Transportation--Egypt.
- Patermouthis son of Dioskoros;
- On Pachon 23, has brought Patermouthis son of Dioskoros, of the village of Karanis, of the fourth indiction, two-hundred and forty litrai of chaff, 240 litrai, only. (I,) Isara, (have signed).
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich III Youtie HC 1951 1018 Youtie HC, OMich III, 1018, 1951 -- BL IX, 389 (line 5) BL IX, 389 (line 5)
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- Suppl.Mag. 1, 42, l. 13, note.
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)