Background and Physical Properties
- 16.3 x 15.6 (right), 19 (middle), 24 (left) c.m.
- Part I: 11; Part II: 10; Part II: 8
- Conservation Status
- The papyrus is very wrinkled
- Palaeographic Description
- There are three sections: the first comprises the end of eleven lines, the second has the beginning of ten lines, and the third has the beginning of eight lines. The verso is blank.
- Ann Arbor
- Ist century B.C.-IInd century A.D
- Purchased by E. Peterson. Arrived at the University of Michigan in April 1935
- Late Ptolemaic to early Roman. Section one of the papyrus is a fragment of a lease document. Portions of the description of the field and standard lease phraseology remain. The end of line two mentions accounting for 1204 measures which must refer to the rent or harvest yield. The other sections of the papyrus are too short to discern what is occurring, each one being with "Copy of [...]." Perhaps this text is an archival copy of varying documents.
- BW NL
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)