The Delta Zeta House at 1824 Geddes Avenue was purchased in May, 1953, by the University for use as a women's co-operative house, similar to Adelia Cheever and Henderson houses. The Delta Zeta Sorority, whose financial condition prevented its continuance on the campus, offered the house for sale to the University. It was purchased for $54,000 including the furnishings. Approximately $5,000 was spent on miscellaneous decorating and remodeling the kitchen to make it ready for the fall of 1953.
Prior to ownership by the Delta Zeta Sorority the residence, built by Alfred E. Jennings, a mining engineer, had been used for some years as a men's rooming house. The house is a three-story brick structure with a commodious and pleasant living room on the first floor and a large entrance hall with an open staircase leading to the second-floor balcony. The house director has a suite on the first floor. The dining room and kitchen are in the basement, and the upper two floors accommodate twenty-six girls.