The Old Engineering Building
In 1891 a building on the site where Clements Library now is was made available for engineering classes. The oldest part of this building had been one of the four Professors' Houses from 1841 to 1877, Professor Frieze having been the last occupant. In 1877 the residence was altered and refitted for the Dental School, and in 1878 a wing was added at the east. When, in 1891, the Dental School moved to larger quarters on the north side of the campus, the building was enlarged toward the north and a third story added. The entrance was changed to the west side of the new part, and the word "Engineering" was placed over the doorway, the east wing remaining as before. There were fifteen classrooms and several offices in this building, which continued in use until 1922. After 1904 it was called the Old Engineering Building.