The John P. Cook Building
The John P. Cook Building was opened for occupancy in the fall of 1930. It houses 152 men, thus affording rooms in the entire Quadrangle for 352 students. This second unit, extending from the east wing of the Lawyers Club on South University Avenue 212 feet southward along Tappan Street, follows closely the architectural style of the Lawyers Club, with the same general arrangement of the sections. The rooms are somewhat larger, however, and the appointments slightly better. This section, which contains an Page 1673additional floor, was built as a memorial to Mr John P. Cook, the donor's father, and near the center of the building is a memorial room to him, with carved, paneled oak walls and stained glass windows. The room contains a full-length portrait of him by the artist, Henry Caro-Delvaille.