Industrial Engineering Laboratory
The Industrial Engineering Laboratory, a wooden structure, immediately south of the R.O.T.C. Building and adjacent to the West Engineering Building, was built in 1943 to provide necessary laboratory space for the administration of courses relating to the war effort. Funds were made available through appropriation by the State Administrative Board, and the building was completed, after a delay of several months in obtaining critical materials, at a cost of approximately $7,500. The floor area is 4,828 square feet.
Until 1947 the building was used by the Electrical Engineering Department as an Electronics Laboratory. At that time the Electrical Engineering Department moved to the East Engineering Building addition, and alterations were made to provide quarters for an industrial laboratory.