Heredity Clinic Building
The Heredity Clinic occupies a two-story wooden building, originally a private residence, that was moved to its present site in the court at 1135 East Catherine Street at the time of the University "building boom" which occurred during President Burton's term of office. It is not known just where the building stood when it was a private home, but probably on East University Avenue, either on the site of the present East Engineering Building or on that of the School of Education. For a number of years this building was the interns' residence for University Hospital. After the construction of a more adequate interns' residence north of the Hospital, the old frame building was unoccupied for a year or more before being assigned in 1941 to the Heredity Clinic. Although the wood construction is a constant fire hazard to the valuable clinic records and although the building is badly crowded and not well adapted for clinic purposes, it has provided space and shelter for this unit during its early years.