- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1871 Built for lumber trade.
- 1874 Owned Peterson; home port Erie, PA.
- 1874-79 Owned John Pridgeon, Sarnia & Grand Trunk Line, Fort Gratiot, MI; ran Chicago, IL & Bay City, MI.
- 1875, Sep 10 Overtaken by storm while in tow of propeller EQUINOX; EQUINOX foundered & sank with all but 1 crew member; EMMA MAYES returned to Chicago.
- 1879 Owned J. Demass, Detroit; 3 masts.
- 1880 Home port Cleveland, OH.
- 1882 Owned W. Mitchell et al; home port Bay City.
- 1883, Fall Bound Buffalo to Port Arthur's Landing in tow of tug MUSIC along with schooner-barges NELSON, FORSTER & RICHES, encountered heavy weather in Lake Superior; tows left grounded at Grand Island, MI for winter.
- 1884, May 10 All departed Grand Island to finish previous year's trip; MAYES struck ice 7 miles off Grand Island & sank.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID