- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
- 259 42/95
- Final Location
- Near Milwaukee, WI.
- Lake Michigan.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Final Notes
- Driven ashore near Sheboygan, WI, Nov 13, 1864; raised & being towed to Milwaukee for repairs; pumps couldn't keep up with leaks; capsized & sunk; 2 lives lost.
History and Notes
- 1847 Enrolled Cleveland, OH.
- 1848, Sep Ashore, east side of Oswego, NY harbor; released; Chicago, IL & Buffalo, NY grain trade.
- 1852 Enrolled Buffalo, NY.
- 1857 Enrolled Milwaukee.
- 1860 Owned Steward & Vanschaick, Milwaukee.
- 1861 Enrolled Cleveland.
- 1862 Enrolled Milwaukee.
- 1863 Owned Stewart & Ludington, Milwaukee.
- 1864 Owned Bigelow & Brothers, Milwaukee.
- 1864, Nov 11 Went ashore at Black River near Sheboygan.
- 1864, Dec 1 Raised & under tow to Milwaukee for repairs.
- 1864, Dec 2 Capsized & sunk near Milwaukee.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Brendon Baillod
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID