- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- Operated on Upper St. Lawrence River & Lake Ontario.
- 1848, Jul 27 First registered Montreal, QUE.
- 1851 Broke walking beam near Brockville, ONT, on St. Lawrence River, pieces fell through dining room roof.
- 1852, Jan 27 Owned Michel Wilson Brown, Hamilton, ONT.
- 1855 Renamed MONTREAL.
- 1856 Renamed LORD ELGIN.
- 1860 Owned Ontario & St. Lawrence Steamboat Co., Ogdensburg, NY; 339 old style tons.
- 1863 Owned American Steamboat Co., Oswego, NY.
- 1869 214 gross tons, 51 net tons.
- 1873 Owned Canadian Island Steam Navigation Co.; later wrecked, registry closed.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Montreal Registry
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Canadian Sessional Papers
- Canadian Registers
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID