- Final Location
- 4 miles off Goderich, Ont.
- Lake Huron
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Final Notes
- Bound Cleveland, OH, to Chicago, IL; went ashore near Nine Mile Point, Straits of Mackinac; temporarily abandoned; pulled off by tug RESCUE; sunk off Goderich while being towed to Detroit, MI.
- 1857, Nov 12 Recovered steam pump, anchors, and chains.
History and Notes
- 1851, May Assisted MICHIGAN with capture of Mormons on Beaver Island.
- 1853, Sep 22 Stranded Peach Island.
- 1853, Sep 28 Released by RUBY.
- 1854, Oct Collided with brig in Buffalo River.
- 1856 Sold out of U.S.R.C.; owned Detroit, MI; rebuilt Milan, OH as 2 mast schooner.
- 1856, Oct 27 Ashore Fairport, OH, Lake Erie.
- 1857 Enrolled Sandusky, OH; renamed MALAKOFF.
- 1857, Nov 1 Sunk near Goderich, ONT, Lake Huron.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Unique ID