- Engine Number Cylinders
- 204' 8"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 750 46/95
- Final Location
- Old river bed at Otis & Co. Rolling Mill, Cleveland, OH.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Struck by lightning & burned.
- Final Notes
- Taken to this location to salvage iron; may have been removed Aug 1869.
History and Notes
- 1846 Enrolled Cleveland, OH; launched unfinished Jul 11; traveled to upper lakes for finish work.
- 1847, May Finish work done; to run Buffalo, NY & Chicago, IL.
- 1848-56 Enrolled Buffalo.
- 1848, Apr Collided with steamer CALEDONIA at Cleveland; repairs.
- 1849 Central Railroad line, Buffalo to Chicago.
- 1849, Jun 9 collided with steamer SARATOGA, 20 miles east of Erie, Lake Erie; badly damaged, 2 crew killed.
- 1850 Reed's Line, Buffalo to Chicago.
- 1851 Steamship Line, Buffalo to Chicago.
- 1851 Capt J. Imson sold his interest to Pappineau.
- 1852, Aug Collided with brig ST GALE, Lake Huron; damaged.
- 1853 Owned A.R. Cobb; Green Bay, WI to Buffalo run.
- 1854 Hull overhauled.
- 1860, May 21 Struck by lightning & burned, Cleveland; had been out of service.
- Lytle List
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Unique ID