- Original Owner
- Gen. Hutchinson
- Ownership Notes
- Aka's seem to be names during construction as she was launched as SAM HALE.
- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
history and notes
- 1847 Enrolled Chicago.
- 1847, Nov 6 While loading at Southport parted lines; went aground in harbor.
- 1847, Nov Released; repaired Chicago.
- 1849, Sep 28 Collision with schooner EUDORA in Buffalo harbor; slight damage.
- 1850, Nov 24 Dismasted on Lake Ontario; laden with railroad iron.
- 1852 Enrolled Milwaukee.
- 1853 Repaired; new masts.
- 1854, Nov Collision with schooner REPUBLIC off Beaver Island; repaired Milwaukee.
- 1859 Rebuilt as brig.
- 1860 Owned Hibbard & Co., Milwaukee.
- 1860, Nov 26 Arrived Detroit leaking; some of lumber cargo thrown overboard as forecastle & headgear enveloped in ice.
- 1862 Enrolled Chicago.
- 1863 Owned J. Gardner, Milwaukee.
- 1868 Readmeasured 225.96 gross tons; official #US22345.
- 1868, Sep 22 Lost Green Bay.
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID