- Propulsion Type
- 176 (190)
- Tonnage Old Style
- Final Location
- Eagle Harbor,
- Lake Superior.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Year
- Final Notes
- Entering the harbor, missed the piers and beached on the rocks, broke up the next day; owned E.B. Ward, Ward's Superior Lake Line; 1864 wreckage removed; 1943 hull raised (possibly the sidewheeler ILLINOIS).
History and Notes
- Built to run between Grand Haven, MI & Milwaukee, WI in conjunction with the Detroit & Milwaukee Railroad.
- 1858, Oct 13 Enrolled Detroit, MI; owned Eber B. Ward, Detroit.
- 1858, Dec Damaged in a collision on Lake Michigan.
- 1859, Mar 28 Owned Eber W. Owen, Ann Arbor, MI.
- 1860, Sep 8 or 10 Wrecked.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID