- Tonnage Old Style
- 200 40/95
History and Notes
- 1840 Enrolled Detroit, MI; ran Detroit & Buffalo, NY.
- 1840, Apr 25 Struck rock 15 miles above Buffalo; ran onto beach to prevent sinking.
- 1840, May Raised; repairs, Buffalo.
- 1841 Ran Detroit to Cleveland, OH.
- 1842 Ran Monroe, MI to Buffalo.
- 1842, Nov 19 Ran aground near Cedar Point, Lake Erie; frozen in ice; sent ashore for wood for steam to get into port.
- 1843 Ran Green Bay, WI to Mackinac, MI.
- 1844 Ran Detroit & Buffalo, also Mackinac to Sault Ste. Marie.
- 1845 Ran Green Bay, WI to Mackinac; lay up in Buffalo.
- 1846 Dry docked for overhaul; added cabins & upper deck saloon.
- 1846, Jun Boiler burst enroute to Mackinac, killing 2-3 firemen.
- 1846, Sep Owned Mansfield & Sandusky R.R. Co.; ran Detroit to Sandusky, OH.
- 1847, Aug Collision with schooner BALTIMORE leaving Sandusky harbor; little damage.
- 1848, Oct Sunk in collision with schooner STAR, Lake St. Clair; total loss.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- F.E. Hamilton
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Unique ID