- Engine Type
- Low Pressure
- Tonnage Old Style
- 624 28/95
- 6000 barrels
History and Notes
- 1856, Jun Launched; Peoples Line, Chicago - Buffalo, NY.
- 1858 Collingwood Line, Chicago, Milwaukee & Collingwood.
- 1859 Overhauled.
- 1859, Mar 28 Owned Peck & Masters, Cleveland, OH.
- 1859, May 11 Owned John Ball, Cleveland.
- 1860 Chartered by Northern Railway of Canada; ran Chicago, IL - Collingwood, ONT.
- 1860, Aug Ran Buffalo, NY - Toledo, OH.
- 1860, Nov Machinery broke.
- 1863, Jul 20 Owned Thomas D. Dole, Buffalo & Dean Richmond.
- 1863 Owned Western Transit Co; large repairs; 797 gross tons.
- 1863, Mar Erie & Green Bay Line.
- 1864 Ran Buffalo, NY - Detroit, MI.
- 1865, Aug 2 Readmeasured 193.4 x 28 x 10.7'; ran Toledo, OH - Buffalo, NY.
- 1867, May 11 Owned Buffalo & Detroit Transportation Co. & Thomas Dole, Buffalo.
- 1869, Sep Damaged in freshet, Lake Erie.
- 1871, Sep 6 Owned A.F. Gay & Henry M. Loud, AuSable, MI to tow barges in lumber trade.
- 1871, Nov 18 Wrecked Long Point, Lake Erie; carrying lumber camp supplies.
- 1872, Jul 12 Raised; towed to Buffalo; rebuilt; 554 gross tons.
- 1873 Owned Loud, Gay & Co., AuSable, MI; rebuilt 1 deck, 1 mast, 193.4 x 28 x 10.7; 437.09 net tons.
- 1875, Nov Ashore Pt. Rowan harbor; released Nov 15 for Buffalo, NY.
- 1875, Nov 27 Ashore Maitland; engine removed; will be converted to tow barge.
- 1875 Abandoned Buffalo, NY.
- 1881, Nov Damaged in collision with propeller NORTHERN LIGHT.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID