- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- Sources conflict on builder & place of build: naming Bates, Collins & Parks as Builders, Malden & Amherstburg, ONT; some say E. Bates, Milan, OH built her, Malden Center, ONT.
- 1846, Aug 4 Launched Amherstburg, ONT.
- 1847, Jul 20 Enroute from Bruce Mines with 300 tons rich ore; siezed at Detroit, violation of revenue laws.
- 1849 Improvements, upper cabin installed, salon & state rooms; ran Detroit - Montreal.
- 1850's Ran regularly Amherstburg - Montreal, QUE.
- 1852, Apr Siezed by US at Detroit, violation of shipping laws; sold at auction.
- 1852, Nov 15 Stranded Long Point, Lake Erie; salvaged.
- 1852, Apr 8 Enrolled Detroit, MI; owned Frederick W. Backus; renamed F. W. BACKUS as propeller; 133 x 25 x 9.1'; one deck, one mast.
- 1852, Apr 27 Arrived Rochester, NY in sinking condition; repaired.
- 1853, Apr 11 Enrolled Buffalo, NY; owned Lucius N. Pratt, Buffalo, NY; 289 78/95 tons.
- 1853, Nov 11 Enrolled Buffalo; owned Samuel Pratt, Buffalo.
- 1854, Apr 17 Enrolled Buffalo; owned Charles Lee, Silver Creek, NY et al.
- 1855, May 7 Enrolled Buffalo, NY; owned American Transportation Co., Rufus Palmer, President.
- 1856 Upper cabins removed.
- 1857, Apr 13 Enrolled Chicago, IL; owned Albert T. Spencer, Chicago, et al; 281 tons.
- 1861 Large repairs.
- 1861, May Sprung leak in Copper Harbor - ran ashore opposite village.
- 1861, Jun 13 Enrolled Chicago, IL; owned Gurdon S. Hubbard, Chicago, IL.
- 1861, Oct Seized by Collector of Customs for violation of Revenue Laws.
- 1861, Sep Towed disabled schooner CONDOR to Milwaukee.
- 1861, Nov 7 Enrolled Michilimackinac District; owned American Transportation Co.
- 1862, May 1 Enrolled Milwaukee, WI; owned Lake Superior Forewarding Co., WI; one deck, no masts.
- 1863, May 14 Enrolled Milwaukee, WI; same owner; carried freight & passengers Chicago - Lake Superior.
- 1864, May 14 Enrolled Chicago, IL; owned Henry Miller, Rice Bros. et al; 134.6 x 25.2 x 9.1'.
- 1865, May 27 Enrolled Milwaukee, WI; owned Charles Kirkland et al; large repairs; propeller 368.45 gross tons; operated Chicago, IL - Green Bay, WI.
- 1866, Nov 25 Burned off Racine, WI; cargo hay, horses & cattle.
- 1869, Nov 7 Enrolled Michimackinac; owned Lake Superior Forewarding Co.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze
- Unique ID