- Original Owner
- Roby & Thompson
- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
- Final Location
- Middle Island, halfway between Presque Isle & Thunder Bay Island.
- Lake Huron.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Final Notes
- Bound Chicago, IL - Detroit, MI & Buffalo, NY, collided with brig J.J. AUDUBON halfway between Presque Isle, MI & Thunder Bay Island; both sank.
- 1996 Wreck discovered by Captain Ed Ellison.
History and Notes
- 1848, Mar 30 Launched for Maumee River trade.
- 1849 Enrolled Miami District, OH; 253.57 tons.
- 1849, Dec 4 Burned at Perrysburg, PA; cabin & interior damaged, hull OK.
- 1850 Enrolled Maumee City.
- 1853, Oct 10 Ashore Hog Island, Detroit River, MI; cargo grain.
- 1854, Oct 20 Collided with brig J.J. AUDUBON, Middle Island, MI, Lake Huron; both sank.
- Niagara Diver's Association
- Newspaper Clippings
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID