- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
- 195 87/95
- Final Location
- Off Milwaukee, WI.
- Lake Michigan.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Storm; sunk.
- Final Notes
- Sheltering from storm near South Pier in Milwaukee harbor, struck by schooner CURLEW, ran into pier & sunk.
- Bound Oconto, WI - Chicago, IL; no lives lost.
- Owned J.L. Adams, Chicago.
History and Notes
- 1844, Apr 3 Enrolled Cleveland district.
- 1847, Apr 9 Enrolled Cleveland, owned N.C. Winslow, et al.
- 1847, Jul 29 Collision with brig ELLEN PARKER near Buffalo, NY.
- 1847, Oct 6 Enrolled Cleveland, owned N.C. Winslow, et al.
- 1848, Apr 18 During gale, drifted afoul of schooner WYOMING, Mackinac, MI.
- 1848 Chicago, IL & Buffalo grain trade.
- 1849 Registered Cuyahoga Customs District.
- 1849, Apr 20 Enrolled Cleveland, owned N.C. Winslow, et al.
- 1851, Mar 10 Enrolled Cleveland, owned R.K. Winslow.
- 1853, May 27 Enrolled Cleveland, owned H.N. Gates & L.A. Day.
- 1853, Aug 24 Ashore, St. Lawrence River.
- 1854, Sep 11 Enrolled Cleveland, owned H.N. Gates.
- 1855 Enrolled Buffalo.
- 1855, Aug 10 Owned Wibert & Linder, Buffalo.
- 1855, Oct 28 Collision with brig J.K. GIDDINGS, St. Clair River.
- 1856, Dec Wrecked near Goderich, ONT, Lake Huron, cargo wheat, no lives lost.
- 1859 Enrolled Chicago.
- 1859 Enrolled Buffalo.
- 1859 Enrolled Rochester, NY.
- 1859, Oct 19 Sunk.
- post 1859? Raised & abandoned near old Jones Shipyard, Milwaukee?
- Newspaper Clippings
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID