- Vessel Type
history and notes
- 1848, Jul A lightship being built at Amherstburg, ONT; to serve Colchester Reef, Lake Erie; owned Hackett Brothers; 60 x 17 x 5.
- 1867, Sep A request to Captains to pass on the north side of lightship.
- 1871, Sep Broke anchorage & grounded, Pigeon Bay.
- 1872, Sep Broke anchorage & driven ashore.
- 1874, Dec Taken out of anchorage & laid up by Alex Hackett.
- 1880, Late Fall Broke anchorage & crushed by ice.
- 1881, Apr Iced in Lake Erie.
- 1883, Nov 11 Foundered.
- Walter Lewis
- Newspaper Clippings
- Unique ID