- Tonnage Old Style
- 600 tons
- Final Location
- Copper Harbor, Keweenaw Point.
- Lake Superior.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Stranded & wrecked in a storm.
- Final Notes
- Blinded by blizzard, ran ashore full speed; broke up in gale same night.
- 1 engine into CITY OF BOSTON (1863).
- 2nd engine into EMPIRE (1861).
History and Notes
- 1857 Operated Cleveland, Detroit & Lake Superior Line.
- 1857, Oct 1 Towed Illinois - St. Clair Flats, MI.
- 1857, Nov 11 Wrecked.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Gerry Metzler
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Burton Collection
- Unique ID