- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
- Final Location
- Straits of Mackinaw, just east of Mackinaw Bridge.
- Lake Huron.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Foundered in storm.
- Final Notes
- Broke tow of steambarge NASHVA in storm, foundered & sank; crew, canvas & rigging rescued.
- 2002, Aug Located; identified by official number on mainbeam.
History and Notes
- 1863 Launched.
- 1864 Owned James L. Spink; home port Milwaukee, WI.
- 1865 Readmeasured 333.88 gross tons.
- 1866 Owned G.D. Norris, Milwaukee.
- 1867 Home port Ashtabula, OH.
- 1871 Owned Good et al, Ashtabula; new decks.
- 1872, May Bound from Buffalo, coal laden, driven on Horse Shoe Reef, Lake Erie & sunk; recovered.
- 1874 Owned Tuttle & Roberts, Ashtabula; repairs.
- 1878 Same owners; large repairs.
- 1882, Apr 15 Enrolled Port Huron; owned S.D. Dace.
- 1884 Converted to 3 masts, Fitsgeral's Shipyard, Port Huron, MI.
- 1885 Owned Buzzard et al, Port Huron.
- 1887 Owned Hartsuff & later G.S. Gell, both of Port Huron; timbers & planking.
- 1890 Owned D.B. Millen, Detroit; deck & stern repairs.
- 1891, Oct 5 Foundered & sank, Lake Huron.
- 2002, Aug Wreck found just east of Mackinaw Bridge.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- Donald V. Baut
- Detroit & St. Clair River Towing Association, c.1867
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID