History and Notes
- 1892, Aug 6 SANTA MARIA left Palos, Spain for United States, 400 years to the day Columbus set sail.
- 1892, Aug 28 NINA launched.
- 1892, Sep PINTA launched.
- 1893, Mar PINTA & NINA arrived in Havanna, Cuba towed by USS NEWARK & USS BENNINGTON; SANTA MARIA sailed on her own.
- 1893, Apr Arrived in New York to take part in International Naval Review.
- 1893, Jun 6 Began interior trip from New York to Chicago to take part in World's Fair.
- 1893, Sep 12 Ownership transferred to US Government; became property of Chicago's Field Museum & lagooned in Jackson Park.
- 1901 Presented to South Park Commission, Chicago.
- 1913 Set sail on 4 year round trip to Panama-Pacific Exposition (1915), San Francisco, CA; PINTA & NINA were beached on Lake Erie as unfit to be sailed; returned to Chicago.
- 1918 SANTA MARIA arrived at Chicago from San Francisco.
- c1918-19 PINTA sank in Chicago; NINA burned.
- 1920 SANTA MARIA rebuilt.
- 1951 Caught fire & demolished.
- Paul V. Gavin Library
- Newspaper Clippings
- Unique ID