- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
- 480 47/95
- 17,000 bushels
- Final Location
- 5 miles east of Fairport, OH.
- Lake Erie.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Final Notes
- Bound Saginaw for Cleveland in tow of steamer ONTONAGON with 3 other barges, she was overwelmed in a storm & broke up.
- 1880, Dec 28 Documents surrendered, Port Huron.
History and Notes
- 1854 Enrolled Cleveland, OH.
- 1854, Aug Struck by lightening near Buffalo, NY.
- 1854, Sep 10 Damaged in collision with propeller BRUNSWICK near Kelley's Island.
- 1857, Oct Ashore Old Mackinaw Point with beef; released by LEVIATHAN; large repairs.
- 1859, Dec 10 Sunk in collision with schooner AUTOCRAT near Milwaukee, WI, Lake Michigan.
- 1860 owned Hope Insurance Co., New York City; offered for sale at Milwaukee.
- 1863 Owned L.B. Joy & Co., Buffalo, NY; large repairs.
- 1864 Owned Sherwood & Co., Buffalo.
- 1864, May 11 Wheat laden, ashore North Point, Milwaukee; large repairs.
- 1865 318 gross tons.
- 1868 331.96 gross tons.
- 1871 Owned Gibhard, Buffalo.
- 1876 Owned Sanders, Buffalo.
- 1879 Owned Wagner et al, Buffalo.
- 1880, Mar 13 Owned L. Hall, St. Clair, MI.
- 1880, Nov 18 Wrecked Lake Erie.
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Unique ID