- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- 255 1/3
- Final Location
- Southeast Shoal.
- Lake Erie.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Final Notes
- Caught fire while on station as temporary lightship; burned rapidly due to illumination oils aboard; burned to waterline, sunk; later dynamited to clear wreckage; no loss of life.
History and Notes
- 1866, Sep Launched Oakville, ONT.
- 1866, Dec 27 Registered Oakville.
- 1868, Aug 20 Sold American; owned Albert Smith & Joseph Post, Oswego, NY; enrolled Oswego.
- 1872. Nov Collision with schooner COLUMBIAN, Point Pelee, Lake Erie.
- 1879 Owned Daggett et al, Oswego.
- 1901 Owned H.C. Doville et al, chartered to Lake Carriers Association for use as lightship at Southeast Shoal, Lake Eire.
- Newspaper Clippings
- John O. Greenwood
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Canadian Registers
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID