- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1872, Aug Launched; cost $90,000.
- 1872, Dec 19 Renamed E.B. WARD, JR.
- 1874 Route between Escanaba & Traverse, MI.
- 1875 Owned E.B. Ward Estate, Detroit.
- 1876, Oct 5 Departure for New Orleans via Welland & St. Lawrence.
- 1877, Sep Owned Ira H. Owen, Chicago from Ward Estate.
- 1878 Owned Oteri Brothers & Pizzati, New Orleans; used for towing.
- 1878 On mail route in Honduras.
- 1880's Partially rebuilt; claims to be first steamer in banana trade.
- 1885 Registered New Orleans; 136' x 24.8' x 14.2'; 387.92 gross tons/193.96 net tons.
- 1888, Sep 6 Foundered in Gulf of Mexico between Utilla, Honduras & New Orleans; never arrived at distination; 21 lives lost.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID