- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1854 Built for coal & grain trade; enrolled new French Creek.
- 1858 Collided with schooner TORRENT off Pt. Pelee, Lake Erie; lost headgear; broke stem.
- 1862 Large repairs.
- 1865 314 gross tons.
- 1868 Enrolled Detroit.
- 1870 Rebuilt as 3-mast schooner.
- 1875 Repairs.
- 1882, Oct Collided with schooner J.B. GARDNER at Port Huron, MI; towed in ore trade by NIAGARA.
- 1886 Owned H. Esselstyne, Detroit.
- 1886, Nov 26 Aground William's Island, Lake Superior loaded with ore, after breaking tow in storm.
- 1871, Jul 1 Released; taken to Munising, MI enroute to Cleveland, OH; sold, towed by KEYSTONE.
- 1889 Purchased Captain Glass, Marine City from J.H. Wade, Cleveland.
- 1890 Changed to 2 masts.
- 1892, Apr 18 Owned Katie Glass, Port Huron.
- 1895, Jul 30 Foundered & sank.
- 1895, Dec 30 Documents surrendered; wrecked, total loss.
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Inland Lloyds Marine Directory
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID