The Michigan Botanist, established in 1962, is the peer-reviewed, quarterly journal of the Michigan Botanical Club.
The publication is hosted online through the journal services of Michigan Publishing, the primary academic publisher of the University of Michigan.
Membership in the Michigan Botanical Club is open to anyone interested in its aims:
- Conservation of all native plants.
- Education of the public to appreciate and preserve plant life.
- Sponsorship of research and publication on plant life.
- Sponsorship of legislation to promote preservation of Michigan native flora.
- Establishment of suitable sanctuaries and natural areas.
- Cooperation in programs concerned with the use and conservation of all natural resources and scenic features.
There are currently no page charges assessed for publication in The Michigan Botanist.