Lincoln's New Salem, by Benjamin P. Thomas; drawings by Romaine Proctor from photographs by the Herbert Georg studio, Springfield.
Thomas, Benjamin Platt, 1902-1956.
- Nance, Parthena, 14; see Mrs. Samuel Hill.
- Neale, Thomas M., county sur|veyor, 74; mentioned, 52.
- New Boston, 74.
- New Orleans, 24, 105.
- New Salem, founding of, 4-5; growth of, 5-7, 10-14; popula|tion of, 15; decline of, 36-38; site of, acquired by Old Salem Lincoln League, 102; by State of Illinois, 103; restoration of, 102-108.
- Nicolay, John George, 75; see also Nicolay and Hay.
- Nicolay and Hay, describe Lin|coln's style, 51; authors of Abraham Lincoln; A History, 97-98; of Complete Works of Abraham Lincoln, 98; men|tioned, 100.