Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln. Volume 1.
Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865.

Annotation

[1]   ADS, IHi. The property described contained a story and a half house, built in 1839 by the Reverend Charles Dresser, D.D., who was the first Episcopal clergyman in Springfield (rector, St. Paul's 1838-1855), who performed Lincoln's wedding ceremony on November 4, 1842. The house was later made into a full two-story dwelling. It is now owned by the State of Illinois and maintained as a memorial.

[2]   A cabinetmaker.

[3]   This receipt, written on the back of the contract, is also in Lincoln's hand, except for the signatures. The deed was given to Lincoln on May 3, 1844.

[4]   Seth M. Tinsley, storekeeper and owner of the building where the Logan & Lincoln law office was located.