- Fragment of undyed woven linen fabric with a groupe of multiple weft ribs near the center.
- Accession Number
- view the related artifact record
- Fabric Structure Simple
- Varies from warp predominant to warp-faced plain weave.
- Fairly clean, slightly worn. There are pinholes along three edges and very small interior holes at the fourth edge. Edges are somewhat frayed.
- Border Type
- Structure Details
- Near the center there are three warp ribs separated by two single picks. There are, possibly, four weft yarns in each rib.
- Photo Side 1
- Selvedge Type
Yarn Number 22617.WA.01 22617.WE.01 Color Dyes Identified pale beige (OISH) pale beige (OISH) Count 14 5 Fiber Content flax flax Function warp weft Spin Direction s s Twist Level med varies, med - low Yarn Structure single single