- Fragment of brown/gold woven wool fabric. There are a few stitches near one edge.
- Accession Number
- view the related artifact record
- Fabric Structure Simple
- Varies from weft-faced to weft predominant plain weave.
- There is a row of brown stitches, 0.2 cm to 0.6 cm long, part of the way across one weft-wise edge.
- Somewhat dirty and very worn. There are several large and small interior holes and edge tears. Part of one edge has been folded and is now matted. Minor edge fraying.
- Border Type
- Photo Side 1
- Selvedge Type
Yarn Number 12860.WA.01 12860.WE.01 12860.YN.01 Color Dyes Identified light brown/gold (463) light brown/gold (463) medium brown/orange (469) Count 10 30 Fiber Content wool wool wool Function warp weft sewing Spin Direction s s s Twist Level high low med Yarn Structure single single single, used doubled