- Small fragment of brown/gold woven wool fabric with several stitches.
- Accession Number
- view the related artifact record
- Fabric Structure Simple
- Weft predominant plain weave.
- There is a row of brown running stitches, warp-wise, near the center. These stitches measure from 0.5 cm to 0.8 cm long. There is an overhand knot at one end. There is a four-strand warp-wise stitch near one edge that measures 0.8 cm and has an overhand knot at one end. A weft-wise stitch near one weft-wise edge is 0.5 cm long. This yarn is blended yellow and brown. There is one small brown stitch along a warp-wise edge that is 0.2 cm long.
- Photo Side 2
- Dirty and very worn. There are a few small interior holes and pinholes, as well as several small edge tears. Edges are frayed.
- Border Type
- Photo Side 1
- Selvedge Type
Yarn Number 12758.WA.01 12758.WE.01 12758.YN.01 12758.YN.02 12758.YN.03 Color Dyes Identified pale brown/gold (464) pale brown/gold (464) light brown (PQZO) blend of off white/lightly yellowed (465) and pale brown/gold (464) light medium brown (USZO) Count 12 30 Fiber Content wool wool wool wool wool Function warp weft sewing - running stitch row sewing - four strand single stitch and weft-wise stitch near one end sewing - small stitch at one edge Spin Direction s s&z s s s Twist Level high med varies, med - high high med Yarn Structure single single single, used doubled single, used doubled or 4-strand single